Michael D. Tempkins
Michael Tempkins represents national corporations and individuals in the area of business and commercial litigation at both the state and federal level. His practice includes collections, enforcing creditors’ rights, contract drafting, negotiating settlements, and litigating disputes over the sale of goods. Michael has substantial experience representing automobile auctions, and representing numerous financial institutions in mediations, hearings, and trials.
Michael also represents homeowners in foreclosure defense. He advises clients with respect to loan modification, short sales, and other forms of available relief.
He routinely represents community associations in collections, lien enforcement, and in litigation over property damage claims. Michael serves on the board of his homeowners’ association.
Michael is admitted to practice throughout the State of Florida, including within each United States District Court. He volunteers his time as a Guardian Ad Litem for numerous children in Central Florida, and serves on the Board of Directors of the Holocaust Memorial Resource and Education Center of Florida, an organization dedicated to remembering those lost in the Holocaust and combating prejudice, bigotry, and bullying.
Before joining Fishback Dominick in 2008, Michael defended employers and insurers in workers’ compensation matters. He held a judicial internship with Honorable Jonathan D. Ohlman, Judge of Compensation Claims in Gainesville, Florida. He also worked for the University of Florida’s Athletic Association’s Compliance Office and Office of Student Life, the South Florida Professional Golfers’ Association, and the Daytona Cubs minor league baseball team. He is also a member of Alpha Kappa Psi, an International Professional Business Fraternity.
Areas of Practice
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor, 2005
- University of Florida, Masters in Exercise and Sports Sciences, 2005
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, 2002
Courts of Practice
- All State of Florida Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Federal District Court, Florida Northern, Southern, and Middle Districts
- District of Columbia
- Lecturer, Florida Workers’ Compensation Law Seminar: MRSA, 2008
- Lecturer, Florida Workers’ Compensation Law Seminar: Major Contributing Case, 2006