Mr. Ardaman is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in City, County and Local Government Law. He has practiced as a member of the Florida Bar for 28 years, during which time, he has represented local governments, landowners, developers, businesses, property/ homeowner and condominium owner associations and others in civil litigation, administrative proceedings, special master hearings, appeals, land use and development projects, eminent domain, inverse condemnation, public records law matters, real estate acquisitions and sales, simple and complex multi-party contracts, projects, and litigation.
Mr. Ardaman’s practice includes large and complex real estate development projects and most matters attendant thereto. In addition to representing private landowners, developers, and homeowner associations, Mr. Ardaman has served as counsel to various municipal government boards, including City Councils/Commissions, Planning & Zoning Boards, Development Review Committees, Code Enforcement Boards, Community Redevelopment Agencies, Charter Review Commissions, Districting Commissions, and other committees. Mr. Ardaman is a frequent speaker on land use and development, eminent domain, inverse condemnation, and other topics, and has provided presentations to Public Risk Management, the Association of Eminent Domain Professionals (AEDP), and several national organizations.
He served as Chairman of the Florida Bar’s Eminent Domain Committee in 2009-2010, currently serves on the Florida Municipal Attorney Association Steering Committee, and is a director on a number of boards for various non-profit organizations.
Areas of Practice
- City Attorney, City of Winter Garden, 1992-2000; 2006-Present
- City Attorney, City of DeBary, 2000-present
- City Attorney, City of Winter Park, Oct. 2015-Present
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor, 1984
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science, High Honors, 1980
Courts of Practice
- All State of Florida Courts
- Chair, Florida Bar Eminent Domain Committee, Current
Vice-Chair, Florida Bar Eminent Domain Committee, 2008-2009
- The Florida Bar Association Sections: Eminent Domain, City, County and Local Government Law Orange County Bar Association
- Association of Eminent Domain Professionals
- Past Chairman, Urban Planning and Development (ASCE)
- Past Chairman, West Orange Political Alliance
- Past Chairman, West Orange Chamber of Commerce
- Past President, Tau Beta Pi, University of Florida Omicron Delta Kappa
- Past President, Engineering Leadership Council Florida Blue Key
- AV – Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Orlando’s Top Lawyers (2010, 2011, and 2012)
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in City,
County and Local Government Law, August 2009